Test-Driven Development for C or C++ Training | Remotely Delivered via Web Meeting
This training course helps you build knowledge, understanding and skill in the engineering practices needed to build great C or C++ code. You learn how to build flexible and modular software with very few defects, software that can have a long useful life. We teach you how to prevent defects and how to keep code clean over years of evolving needs.
This course is a good option for individuals trying to sharpen skills, or small teams where an on-site class is not a good fit. It is also a good way for your team to get started and to know us better.
Dates, Times and CostScheduled Courses (1)
|July 25,26,27, 2017 (Tuesday to Thursday)||Convenient for American Timezones||08:00 to 01:00 CT (US Central/Chicago time)||Sign up|
How is this delivered?This course is delivered over the web, with James Grenning teaching live. The meeting will be hosted by WebEx. Exercises are done on a customized cyber-dojo.org cloud based server. James can see every line of code you write.
- Three 5 hour Sessions over three consecutive days - Hands-on exercises
- Languages C or C++
- Embedded Software Developers
- Software Developers
- Technical team leaders
- Managers that want to know the technology they manage
- C or embedded C programming experience
Setup and Facilities Requirements
- High speed internet for Web meeting
- Web browser
- No computer setup required
- Exercises hosted on a private cyber-dojo.org server.
- Test Driven Development
- Why Test Driven Development?
- What is Test Driven Development?
- The Microcycle
- Adapting TDD to Embedded Software Development
- Leveraging the Development System
- Risks of Development System Unit Testing
- Embedded TDD Cycle
- Hardware/Platform Independence
- TDD and Collaborating Modules
- Separation of Responsibilities
- Keeping Tests Clean
- Tests as Detailed Documentation
- Test Fakes, Stubs, Doubles, Mocks
- Spying on the Hardware
- Faking the Time
- Link-time Fake
- Runtime Fake
- Test-Driving Next to the Silicon With Mocks
- The Problem Solved by Mock Objects
- TDD One Instruction Away from the Hardware
- Critical Skills
- Code Smells
- Working with Legacy C
- Legacy Code Mindset
- Boy Scout Rule
- Crash to Pass Algorithm
- Learning Tests
- TDD and Bug Fixes; Exercise
- Wrap up Discussion
James Grenning will deliver the keynote talk and a technical talk at Agile on the Beach in lovely Cornwall, UK. July 6-7, 2017
James Grenning will deliver the keynote talk and a two-day public TDD for Embedded C/C++ training course at the Oslo Continuous Delivery and DevOps Conference.
James Grenning will be giving the keynote talk at Agile Saturday in Tallin Estonia, May 6, 2017. A public training course is scheduled for May 8-9, 2017.more...
ZOMBIES can help guide you in TDD.
James is the author of Test-Driven Development for Embedded C.