Do you have some time to do a simple programming problem in C for my research?more...
Refactoring and SOLID Design for C++ Training
This training course helps you build knowledge, understanding and skill in the engineering practices needed to build great C++ code. You learn how to build flexible and modular software with very few defects, software that can have a long useful life. We teach you how to prevent defects and how to keep code clean over years of evolving needs.
Course Length Options
- 2 days - Hands-on classroom only
- 4 days with Legacy Code Workshop (Recommended for existing code)
- 4 days with Walking Skeleton Workshop (Recommended for greenfield)
- For smaller groups a one day workshop is available.
- Software Developers
- Technical team leaders
- Managers that want to know more about the technology they manage
- C++ programming experience
- Agile Design
- Rules of Simple Design
- SOLID Design Principles
- DRY Principle
- Mind Your Own Business
- Architectural Vision
- The Big Picture
- Vertical Slices
- From Specific to General
- Breaking Dependencies Dynamically
- Function Pointer Fake
- Evolving to a SOLID Design
- Identifying Duplicate Conditional Logic
- Refactoring to a better design
- Design Patterns
- OS Independence
- Refactoring - Deeper Dive
- Critical to a Healthy Business
- Critical Skills
- Code Smells
- Wrap up Discussion
- Optional Workshop in your Code Begins
This course will get you and your team well on the way to applying TDD in your C++ development efforts.
Announcing James Grenning fall conferences and training offerings in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, and San Francisco.
James Grenning will deliver the keynote talk and a technical talk at Agile on the Beach in lovely Cornwall, UK. July 6-7, 2017
James Grenning will deliver the keynote talk and a two-day public TDD for Embedded C/C++ training course at the Oslo Continuous Delivery and DevOps Conference.
James Grenning will be giving the keynote talk at Agile Saturday in Tallin Estonia, May 6, 2017. A public training course is scheduled for May 8-9, 2017.more...
James is the author of Test-Driven Development for Embedded C.