Do you have some time to do a simple programming problem in C for my research?more...
Test-Driven Development for Embedded C Training
This training course helps you build knowledge, understanding and skill in the engineering practices needed to build great embedded C code. You learn how to build flexible and modular software with very few defects, software that can have a long useful life. We teach you how to prevent defects and how to keep code clean over years of evolving needs.
Course Length Options
- 2 days - Hands-on classroom only
- 4 days with Legacy Code Workshop (Recommended for existing code)
- 4 days with Walking Skeleton Workshop (Recommended for greenfield)
- For smaller groups a one day workshop is available.
- Embedded Software Developers
- Software Developers
- Technical team leaders
- Managers that want to know more about the technology they manage
- Test Driven Development
- Why Test Driven Development?
- What is Test Driven Development?
- The Microcycle
- Adapting TDD to Embedded Software Development
- Leveraging the Development System
- Risks of Development System Unit Testing
- Embedded TDD Cycle
- Hardware/Platform Independence
- Testable Designs
- Object Oriented Principles Applied to embedded C
- TDD and Collaborating Modules - testing the code in the middle
- Test Fakes, Stubs, Doubles, Mocks
- Spying on the Hardware
- Faking the Time
- Link-time Fake
- Keeping Tests Clean
- Test Smells
- Tests as Detailed Documentation
- Test-Driving Next to the Silicon With Mock Objects
- The Problem Solved by Mock Objects
- TDD One Instruction Away from the Hardware
- Critical to a Healthy Business
- Critical Skills
- Code Smells
- Working with Legacy Code
- Legacy Code Mindset
- Boy Scout Rule
- Incremental Improvement
- Legacy Change Algorithm
- Crash to Pass Algorithm
- Wrap up Discussion
- Optional Workshop in your Code Begins
This course will get you and your team well on the way to applying TDD in your embedded C development efforts.
Announcing James Grenning fall conferences and training offerings in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, and San Francisco.
James Grenning will deliver the keynote talk and a technical talk at Agile on the Beach in lovely Cornwall, UK. July 6-7, 2017
James Grenning will deliver the keynote talk and a two-day public TDD for Embedded C/C++ training course at the Oslo Continuous Delivery and DevOps Conference.
James Grenning will be giving the keynote talk at Agile Saturday in Tallin Estonia, May 6, 2017. A public training course is scheduled for May 8-9, 2017.more...
James is the author of Test-Driven Development for Embedded C.