TDD for Embedded C
2021-07-16 13:40:55 UTC
Most useful learnings:
How the tests can help document the firmware design.
Concepts v exercises:
Presentation v discussion:
1. Our site in Lexington, KY (dormakaba Inc.) was never able to use the parking lot.
2. It was difficult at times to hear what the presenter (James G.) was saying. Perhaps a better microphone?
3. When presenting code (sharing "James screen") it wasn't always easy to see the code being presented. Perhaps don't display James while presenting the text?
The exercises are excellent. Very good introduction to TDD.
1. Well thought out delivery of the material.
2. Very good presentation. I would not hesitate to take other courses from this instructor.
I'm not sure yet. I 'm happy the course material is available for download. I believe the biggest hurdle will be getting it building. We have already identified the current shipping product firmware code base we want to test TDD in.
Challenges to applying:
Management believes it will add time to the development process.
The remote training worked better than my expectations. The training room is a great idea. We were able to do the exercises as a group (3 developers and 1 manager). When one person was stuck, usually one of use was able to get them "un-stuck". If not, it was easy to get your help.
Legacy code workshop:
Recommend to others: