TDD for Embedded C++
2019-08-16 05:02:07 UTC
Most useful learnings:
How to apply TDD
Concepts v exercises:
Not enough exercises
Presentation v discussion:
1. Too much time spend on Parking Lot queries
2. More exercise
3. Avoid mix audience, separate C and C++ based training slots
4. Full day course
1. The way circular buffer assignment was design, I like it
2. Those who were new to mock, it would be difficult to follow Flashing assignment. It takes time to understand mock
1. It is evident that you have been practising TDD, Working with legacy code, Refactoring, OO form 20+ years.
2. Your slides are too good.
I am working on Green Field project wherein we were already writing UT using Google Test Framework. Now we will plan to use TDD from upcoming Sprint.
Challenges to applying:
identify micro problem, writing unit test scripts and code for it one at a time.
It took sometime to get adjust to Zoom+Cyber Dojo. On 2nd day I was comfortable.
Legacy code workshop:
Recommend to others: