Course code: WEB-30
Years with company:
Primary programming language:
Other programming languages:
Unit test harnesses:
None for SW dev.
All Windows based - very little Linux experience.
Test practice now:
System Testing post releases...
RTUs (Embedded Systems):
- ARM uCs(Atmel & Siliconlabs) Sub GHz,
- Small flash & ram
- OpenRTOS & FatFS
- GNU ARM compiler (arm-none-eabi-gcc)
- Ethernet, serial, usb, zigbee interfaces
- Dig In & Out, An In & Out, RTD
- RTC, GPS
- Simply Studio (Silabs), Atmel Studio & Visual Studio.
- Putty (telnet)
- Git & SVN
Consistency and commenting is most important.
Treat all internal components in a similar manner.
Treat all global components in a similar manner.
Provide context in names of components.
Function too long:
When it serves more than its original purpose - a function should have a purpose and do little more than that. In general though when it is hard to navigate through the components of a function - it is probably too long.
There is usually no time for code reviews.
Favorite thing about dev:
The ability to design, implement and visualize solutions for various protocols and interfaces in complex systems.
Least favorite thing about dev:
- Having to go back and fix issues in code that was written by myself or someone else after a long period.
Why are you attending:
To learn about the principles of TDD in order to ease and speed up design and development of SW & FW.